- THE HYDROFLUX GROUP
- Our Team
- Service & Spare Parts
- News & Media
- Contact Us
Scum collection and removal from clarifiers water surface can be effectively facilitated via a radial surface scum scraper with a hinged skimming mechanism and self flushing scum box.
The radial scum scraper collects scum from the water surface and directs it toward the periphery of the tank. The scum comes off the radial scraper and is caught in a dam made up of the pivoted skimmer blade, the hinged skimmer blade and the peripheral scum baffles. When the hinged skimmer proceeds up onto the scum box the trapped scum is dumped through the scum box.
The scum box outlet pipe is equipped with a mechanically activated reflux valve which has an extension arm fitted to the valve flap spindle. As the bridge passes over the scum box, an actuating angle mounted under the bridge opens the scum valve by striking an extension of the valve spindle. This allows the collected scum along with a quantity of settled effluent to be flushed through and exit the tank.
The inside of the peripheral scum baffle is wiped continuously every revolution, by a rubber wiper attached to the hinged skimmer.
To view Hydroflux Epco’s full range of clarifier options click on the links below:
- • EdiGate® – Fixed and hinged energy dissipation inlet feedwell flocculation systems – for improved flocculated sludge settling rates
- • CleanSweep® – Roller brush launder trough cleaning system – designed to effectively remove excess algal growth
- • CoverSweep® – interlocking launder covers – designed to prevent excess algal growth by blocking sunlight
- • Solids Contact Clarifiers – Draft tube recirculation of settled solids – designed for low solids or fragile flocc applications
- • Stamford Baffles – Stamford Baffles eliminate clarifier short-circuiting – dramatically reducing effluent total suspended solids
As a pioneer in Australia, Hydroflux Epco continues to offer EPCO Australia’s complete design, build, install and refurbishment service. Our commitment to our clients does not end with the delivery of the project and we support our clients so that that their plants continue to operate at their full design capacity well into the future.