Around the world many Water Authorities are looking into biosolids strategies that minimise disposal costs, provide biogas for renewable energy use and alleviate public concern of the agricultural use of untreated biosolids.
In the last decade the drive to maximise existing digester capacity has led to several co-gen and renewable energy schemes to be implemented across Australia and New Zealand. These schemes require both the digesters and associated downstream processes to operate efficiently.
The Bottleneck – Digesters and Rags
- Screenings, rags and plastics that accumulate within an anaerobic digester reduces the effective volume and hence efficiency. This lowers gas production/energy yields
- Heat recovery, mixing and pumping systems are prone to increased maintenance and reduced effectiveness due to blockages leading to higher OPEX costs
- The frequency of digester clean out, which is a costly exercise, is increased due to rag accumulation
The Fix – Strainpress® Sludge Cleaner
- Removes rags, plastics, fibre, screenings and cotton bud sticks from the sludge
- Enhances the digestion process by restoring effective digester volume, improves both heat/gas recovery and mixing systems
- Reduces maintenance associated with blocked heat exchangers, mixers and pumping systems
- Reduces digester clean outs
- Municipal Sewage – Primary sludge & WAS, Digester Recirculation, Scum
- Solid Waste Digesters – Recirculation Loops
Process Integration – Installed Upstream Of:
- Anaerobic digesters & Solid Waste Digesters
- Thermal drying facilities
- Sludge hydrolysis processes
- Advanced Biosolids Processes (Gasification, Pyrolysis, Incineration)
Click here for further information or contact Hydroflux Epco on 1300 417 697.
About the Hydroflux Group
The Hydroflux Group comprises eleven companies based in Australia, New Zealand, Fiji and the UK, providing design and build, equipment, processes and operational services in water and wastewater treatment. Hydroflux Epco specialises in municipal wastewater and sludge treatment, is the exclusive Australian representative for HUBER Technology, AEROSTRIP®, CNP Technologies, Flootech MBBR, Organica Water, and incorporates EPCO Australia.
Hydroflux Epco Pty Ltd is a member of the Hydroflux Group.
Hydroflux Epco Pty Ltd
Level 26, 44 Market St. Sydney NSW 2000 Australia
P +61 2 9089 8833 F +61 2 9089 8830
Want to stay up-to-date with what is going on? Click Here to follow us on LinkedIn