- THE HYDROFLUX GROUP
- Our Team
- Service & Spare Parts
- News & Media
- Contact Us
The BioCap® is designed to store the waste bio gas produced in the digesters. The cover is also designed to impart a pressure to the bio gas to enable reticulation of the bio gas to the appliances which will utilise the bio gas.
The cover is typically fitted with:
- • Sample hatches
- • Pressure / vacuum relief valves whose purpose is to protect the digester cover from excessive gas pressure or vacuum conditions
- • Flame arrester with weather hood and isolating valve
- • Access manholes which allow ingress into the cover gas space during digester maintenance
- • Cover height indicator which gives a visual measure of the cover’s position in respect of its vertical travel
- • Seal pipes for mounting of sludge mixing lances (not required if external mixing is used)
- • Cover movement is detected by ultrasonic level detector
- • Bio gas pressure under the cover is monitored by a pressure sensor with high and low adjustable set points
The stored bio gas is prevented from escaping to the atmosphere by a cover water seal system. The cover skirt is permanently immersed in a water bath of sufficient depth to prevent the bio gas pressure exceeding the water depth and thus escaping from under the cover up to a maximum pressure of 500 mm WC. The water seal water is maintained at a set level at all times by constant make up from a header tank fed by a permanent water supply through a ball float valve.
As a pioneer in Australia, Hydroflux Epco continues to offer EPCO Australia’s complete design, build, install and refurbishment service. Our commitment to our clients does not end with the delivery of the project and we support our clients so that that their plants continue to operate at their full design capacity well into the future.